Friday, November 30, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 20 ~ 30 God's Timing

The other night I had a scary dream.  I found myself walking along a wooded path.  Suddenly I came to a dark tunnel. There was no other route to take but through the tunnel. I was fearful to enter its dark passage way.  I hesitated but went forward anyway. Once I entered I felt the bright sunlight follow behind me. The more I entered the tunnel, the more the light continued to follow me.  As I walked along, the light behind me was so bright that the tunnel didn't seem as dark as it once was. I forged ahead facing my fear.  As I did, the smaller the darkness seemed as well as my fear. I awoke before seeing the way out but somehow I know the light would follow me to the end of the passage way.

This how my life has felt recently, like I am walking through a dark tunnel.  There's no other way around the tunnel but walking through it.  I have heard that analogy so many times before.  It's not until we are in a war of faith that those positive thoughts hit home. They become our shield in the battle.

My family and I have endured one stress event after another lately. Regardless of the stress, we have had not other choice but forge ahead.  What keeps me going is knowing that God will lead me to the end of this tunnel eventually.

Unfortunately I did not get to update my thankful series blog on a daily basis like I had planned. I am disappointed but at least I can say I finished it somehow.  Better luck next year.  Isn't that just like life though? Just when we think we got things rolling and going our way, somehow those roadblocks come in and put us at a stand still. We get angry when we can't do things on our own timing. God has a way of stopping us in our tracks and redirecting our focus.

I mentioned on Day 1 that I haven't been able to walk much because I had a herniated disc pinching the nerve.  I ended up having surgery a lot sooner than I planned because I was unable to walk. This is the worse pain I have ever experienced in my life so far. Yuck!  I am truly grateful that I had insurance and could get surgery.  I have had to let down my pride and accept help from my family and friends. I don't know how I would have made it without Aunt Donna, my cousin Amanda, and my friends Susan and Mike.  Accepting help is not easy for me. 

At times I have lost track on how important it is to trust God's timing. With things being difficult and chaotic, my faith has been truly tested. I wish I had the magic words to say to just trust in God's plans. But if you are in the middle of the battle sometimes words alone don't help. In those dark moments we must remind ourselves that all things are temporary. We are not alone in the battle.  I remind myself of all the other trials that God helped me conquer.  God has a purpose and a reason for the battle.  We may not understand His reasoning but one day we will.  We will come to the end of the battle and be grateful that He was with us all along.

I am learning that no matter what circumstances come into our life, we have to trust God regardless.  Continue to fight and forge ahead in the battle of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment