Friday, November 2, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 2 Friendships

Friendships ~ My Best Friend

I didn't have a whole lot of friends when I was growing up. I was very selective on who to trust. I am grateful for the friends that I did have for they brought me joy and laughter. Friends are like a certain tool we need at different stages of our lives.  Some friends are just for a season while other friendships seem to last a lifetime.

On Friday, I decided to have lunch and hang out with my close friend, Susan, who is fighting breast cancer. These last couple of years haven't been the easiest for her.  Although the battle is hard, she continues to march forward.  She seems to jump every hurdle that tries to trip her on this journey to recovery.  I am thankful for every moment of of laughter, tears, gossip, and stories that we share.  She doesn't show her weak moments with just anyone.  I am honored and grateful to be traveling with her on this road to healing.

Regardless of the size of our battles, it is necessary to have great support from friends.  We don't have to endure our hardships alone.  Open up and help someone in their battle. Put down your pride and ask for help in your own battle.  Become someone's tool in their time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment