Friday, November 16, 2012

A Time to be Thankful - Day 16 Laughter & Uncle Wayne

When I think of laughter, I think of Uncle Wayne.  He is always able to make me laugh. I believe he could be a comedian.  Like many of us in our family, he just has that natural ability to bring a smile and laughter to anyone.

Many theorists say laughter is good medicine. We can relax and get more focused. Watching something funny or remembering good memories can lift our spirits.  Our minds become regenerated. 

Uncle Wayne & Buster, Thanksgiving Day
In 1998, my Grandpa endured many health struggles.  There were many times when we didn't think he wouldn't last another day.  On one occasion he was in ICU because he had fallen outside the night before.  No one found him until the next day.  He had spent the entire night outside.  We were scared that morning wondering if my Grandpa would even awake.  Somehow my Uncle Wayne who didn't mean to be annoying, woke my Grandpa up. Needless to say, Grandpa was very irritated and grumpy.  We all laughed a sign of relief. Uncle Wayne is the one who kept my Grandpa going for so long.  He could make Grandpa laugh or irritate him until he did laugh.

When I am having a bad day or going through rough times, I enjoy being with people who can make me laugh.  They are able to get my mind off of things as we joke and gossip.

No matter what struggles we have been through, my Uncle Wayne has always been there.  I am grateful that we live so close that we can spend the weekends and holidays together.  Having him around makes me less homesick for KY. I am grateful that I will spending Thanksgiving with him this year.  No matter the struggle, always find joy and humor in life.  Laughter makes you live longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment