Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 8 Education

Education

I never dreamed I would be thankful for an education.  Sometimes we never realize how fortunate we are in America to even go to school.  As kids we don't take learning so serious.  It seems like such a bore.  We can't wait to get out of school.  We are in such a hurry to grow up that we don't understand that we have plenty of time to be grown ups.

I was really blessed to be able to go to Morehead State University (MSU) for Free -- all thanks to being poor and qualifying for KY grants!  I earned an Associate's Degree in Business but I wish I would have stayed longer.  I just couldn't wait to come to Texas and start a life. Geez. Sometimes I wish I could go back to my past life and kick myself! Doh!!

The years seems to have flew by since then. I never thought I would have an opportunity to go back to school or even care too.  However, a few years ago I started to take advantage of the education reimbursement that my company offers.  What a great deal! This December I will have an Associate's Degree in Psychology and plan to continue on.  I would like to earn my BA in Psychology but that would mean a career change.   I still plan to earn a BA in IT or anything else I can grab for now.  You are never to old to learn.  There are so many opportunities today to get an education.  Grab all you can for knowledge is power.  Any education or degree is better than none.  KEEP Learning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment