Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 6 Freedom to Vote

Freedom to Vote

I am so very glad that the Presidential Election Time is here again! It didn’t come fast enough for me. I did my part a few weeks ago.  Standing there, in a long line shivering in the breezy cold wind, gave me a sense of pride and a connection with others shivering with me.   

Regardless of our political stance, we all were standing together, united, and ready to cast our early vote.  It was amazing to see these strangers, different genders, races, and who knows what other backgrounds, stand with me.  I imagine that this was what our forefathers had intended – to unite people together, regardless of their background, and voice their opinions.  This is why we are America.

I may not agree on the leadership and the state of our country.  There are a lot of things about our society that troubles me that I could write Many posts about. Whatever the case, I am still proud to be an American woman who relished in the chance to vote.  I am proud that I can share my beliefs and opinions openly so far without the fear of being persecuted. Many times I groan and moan about where our country is headed but I am so thankful for our freedom.  We have lots of freedom and rights that we don’t really realize or appreciate.  We are very lucky compared to most.  Things could be a lot better but things could be a lot worse too.

I am not sure what our future holds.  Regardless who wins the Presidential Election, there will always be One God.  I am glad I am His.  Today I am thankful that Americans get the right to vote.  Even if you don’t think your vote matters, vote anyway. Take advantage of having that right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment