Monday, November 5, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 5 My Job

My Job

With the high rise of unemployment rates, I am VERY grateful to have my job.  I am also very honored and proud to be working in the space industry.  I work with many wonderful people, developers and testers, who create and maintain the PCS software.  This software is loaded on several laptops onboard the ISS (International Space Station). My job may not be as exciting as an astronaut, but I am still grateful to be a part of the NASA team.

Working with NASA was always  a dream of mine.  However, it took me a year or two to even get an interview.  I was fortunate enough to have a friend who worked with a contracting company with NASA. Because of him and his recommendations, I was considered for a position with another contracting company.  This April will make 10 years that I have worked at NASA, the longest time I have ever been at a job.  I am so thankful for the things I have learned and being part of all the changes.

Every job I have held has been a blessing in some form or another.  Some places were great learning experiences.  I sometimes miss those jobs, especially when I was helping people like at the hospital and counseling services. There are also a few jobs that I am sooo glad that are long gone (a.k.a Dairy Queen). 

Whatever the future holds, I hope and pray that I am happy at whatever job I am doing.  We may not have our dream job but our attitude makes a difference.  Be Thankful if you have a job!! :-)


  




No comments:

Post a Comment