Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Time to be Thankful ~ Day 1 Walking

Seems like so many people I know have endured a lot of hardships this year.  From financial difficulties, health and legal issues, breakups and deaths in the family, we all have had our share of struggles in 2012.  

As this Thanksgiving approaches, I'm spending these next 30 days focusing on gratitude. There is always a reason to be thankful.  Negative situations and thoughts may try to steal our joy but we can stay focused.  Even when the hard times are challenging, we can still be grateful for there is a lesson in everything.

Health ~ Being able to Walk

This year started off good for me. I was really inspired to eat healthier, exercise, and run as much as I could. Just my luck though.  Right when I was motivated to eat right and exercise, my health got the best of me. 

After months of running, I ended up with a herniated disc pinching a nerve.  Back in September I received a couple of steroid shots. But a little after a month, the pain seemed to creep back up on me. At times I am not able to walk very well.  This leaves me with little choice but to have minor back surgery this December.  

Although I am hobbling along these days, I'm so grateful that I'm at least walking. Although I am not able to walk very fast or go walk a mile or two if I want, still yet I'm walking. Sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are just to have legs to stand or walk on. Being able to run is even more of a gift.

There are so many small things we can focus on that makes our life better. Keep a journal and focus on the things you are grateful for this year.  Even the smallest gratitude makes a world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment