Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take It Easy...

These past few weeks have been really stressful for me. Losing a close friend, struggling with classes and work,  the worries of world and trying to keep up with other personal stuff in my life has brought me back to that place full of anxiety.  It's that place where I try to carry everything upon my shoulders while pushing God aside.  With so much going on in our society, I make up in my mind that He doesn't have time for me.  I assume my needy little prayers are so insignificant compared to the issues of others.

This is exactly how I felt today! :^) 
My mom with her grandpa,
Wayne Back (Bach). It's great to know God's
there when we cry like babies!

After sniffling over my troubles this morning, I remembered my handy little chart posted by my desk.  My chart has a list of those negative remarks that so often pop in my head.  I also have scripture and positive reinforcements listed against those negative remarks.  My favorite this morning was Hewbrews 13:5 which states I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Regardless of the troubles of the world, God has promised to always be there even when others disapppoint us or are not there.  He comforts us when we are scared, unsure of life, and even frightened of answered prayers.

A few weeks ago my cousin Teresa shared with me of photos of my mom from years ago hanging with her cousins, Charles, John, and Bob Fugate. How simple life seemed to be as a child with no responsibilities. Yet everyone seems to have struggles and responsibilities.  Wouldn't it be nice to just chill out in the wagon and let God pull it for awhile?
My mom hanging with her cousins,
Charles, John, and Bob Fugate

Blogging my struggles and getting refocused in His Word reminded me of chilling in that wagon.  The worries of my finals, family, friends, and the weight of the world is now in His Hands to carry. He can do a better job than I can.  :^) God Bless!
May your worries and struggles be lifted into His Hands.
Happy Mom's Day to My Mommy,
Patricia Colleen Fugate!

No comments:

Post a Comment