Monday, August 30, 2010

Gearing Up for the 2010 Honey Festival

Hey Ya'll! 

When I was growing up, I use to LOVE going every year to the Honey Festival in Jackson, KY.  I use to count down the days to Labor Day so I would be out of school for the long weekend and get a chance to go to town.   I  dreamed of being a "clogger" after seeing the Jackson clogging team dance to the wonderful Bluegrass music.  I also loved eating the 4-H Booth's Corn Dogs. They were sooo yummy!

Of course the festival seemed huge to me back then as there were so many people everywhere.  My parents and I would walk around all the booths in the giant tent that was stretched out down Main Street.  We gazed at all the crafts and other neat stuff even though we couldn't afford to buy hardly any of it.  After a few years of attending the festival, my cousin Alonzo and I started a tradition of getting the ceramic Honey Bee pin with our names printed on them.  Since we rarely got to go to many places while growing up, the Honey Festival was our favorite and most exciting time of the year. Unfortunately, I haven't been to the festival in many years.

Well....I am soooo excited to announce that I - little old me - will be hosting a booth in the BIG tent at this year's 2010 Honey Festival this Labor Day weekend! Woo Hoo!! It was a blessing that I was able to make it in the booth line up.  I feel even more blessed that I will be able to provide some goodies and free articles of mine. However, if you want to save some trees and read the articles online, feel free to download a copy below.   I hope to have a few more.

I am very very excited to be a participant at the Honey Festival and see all the people of my hometown.  Of course I will be selling copies of my book, "I Found Me", on sale for $15.  I wish I could give them away but an author's gotta break even somewhere -- right? Even if I don't sell one book, it makes me very happy that I will be able to provide some articles and talk to the hometown folk.  I have such a passion and love for my hillbilly people.  By the way, the first 10 participants who purchase my book will get a Free book bag.  I hope that you will like them!

Anyway, hope to see you there! Stop by and say hi! =) I wonder if they still sell those Honey Bee pins?

Some articles that will be available:
 ""You can take the Girl out of the Country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!"  
Be proud of your hillbilly heritage! I AM!

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, Glad you have a booth. Hope you make some money on your book too. You're right, an Author as to try and at least break even. I have given up on that. Keep up the Blog entries. They are get. Maybe in the future, I'll be at the Honey Festival. John

    ReplyDelete