Friday, February 5, 2010

Back To School

Learning New Things...
It's a new year with new beginnings with new goals and aspirations.  I have been fortunate enough to go back to college. My plan is to finish up and complete my Bachelor's in Management IT (Information Technology).  Of course, that could change depending upon my job.  NASA may be closing some of its doors, which would be a very sad occasion for America.  Not only would lots of people loose jobs but America would loose one of its valuable assets, bascially just given away to other countries, as if we can afford to give much more away in this country.

I decided to take Intro to Algebra (Ugh!) since I am not that great at math--and I wanted to do IT work?? Go figure! Another class I am taking is Texas Government.  Have I bored you yet? If I have, pay attention because I do have a point in here somewhere!! :) LOL

In my first week of Algebra, I lost all confidence.  I went in just knowing things would come to me with ease as long as I had a good attitude about it.  Well, that attitude changed when I couldn't grasp the point of X and positive and negative numbers....and why have them in parenthesis? I thought this was math, not English! As usually, if I can't grasp something, I feel so out of control.  I start to panic and feel so angry and stupid.  Thankfully I have lots of friends in the space program who know a few things about Algebra! Hello, they are developers who do this for a living!! I went to visit my good friend Karen and bribbed her with a large (Venti) Starbucks.  She broke things down for me in such a funny and gentle way.  I left her house feeling more confident and at ease. She has that way! I was even ahead in my class for a little while.

I started thinking, which you know, I try to compare things to life in general...philisophize.  When we come across a problem in life, sometimes we panic or try to solve the whole problem at once.  This is usually what I do anyways.  I get scared and think I have to fix everything right away.  Yet, we can take life's problems like an algebra equation:

Lesson 1
  • Be calm and remain confident
  • Review the problem as a whole (stand back a little and look at the problem as a whole)
  • Start with just a small step and sort things out
  • Turn negative things into positive things
  • Work through and solve the little problems
  • You'll get the answer in the end and of course Prayer always help to.
So there's a lesson you and I have learned {this week}.

As far as the Government class, I am excited to be able to share my viewpoints, once I get the nerve.  The teacher is not as conserative as I am.  However, I have read and learned that it is important to stand up for your rights regardless if you think your voice will be heard or not.  Our country was founded on people standing up for what they believe in.  We are blessed to still live in a country with the freedom that we have. 

Lesson 2

  • Fight for what's right and important to you!
That being said, I am continuing to pray for the leadership of our country and the freedom of letting our voices and prayers be heard.

Never Stop Learning or Fighting for What's Right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment